Sunday Independent journalists bid farewell to editor Anne Harris lastnight. Photograph: David Conachy

Anne Harris, the editor of The Sunday Independent, received a “knock down” from her staff on Saturday night as she ended her career leading the countr(...)

Ryan Preston has been announced as the new chief financial officer of Independent News and Media

CHARLIE TAYLORIndependent News and Media has announced the appointment of Ryan Preston as its new group chief financial officer in place of Eamonn O’K(...)

Businessman Denis O’Brien owns 75 per cent of the recruiter with Mr Buckley owning the remaining 25 per cent. Photographer: Patrick Fallon/Bloomberg

Recruitment firm China HR, the Denis O’Brien and Leslie Buckley owned firm, has announced a €30 million investment programme to further develop its(...)

Businessman Denis O’Brien is the biggest INM shareholder, with a 29.9 per cent stake. Photograph: David Sleator

With distance comes a certain clarity and this seems to hold true on the vexed subject of who controls Independent News & Media, the larges(...)

Ann Maria Burke: the draft statement submitted by the midwife manager makes no reference to her making the remark, The Irish Times understands.  Photograph: Eric Luke

None of the statements made by staff at Galway University Hospital to the inquest into Savita Halappanavar’s death cont(...)

 Praveen Halappanavar arriving today at the inquest into the death of his wife Savita. Photograph: Eric Luke / The Irish Times

A midwife has told the Savita Halappanavar inquest her notes were added to afterwards by Galway University Hospital's internal investigation. (...)

Praveen Halappanavar , leaving the inquest into his wife Savita's death , at the courthouse in Galway today. Photograph: Eric Luke / THE IRISH TIMES

Staff at Galway University Hospital are disputing key elements of Praveen Halappanavar's evidence about the death of his wife Savita in the hos(...)