A paediatrician has warned parents and teenagers about the danger of an activity called the choking, or fainting game, after a seriously ill teenage boy was admitted to Temple Street Children’s Hospital following the activity. Photograph: Frank Miller/The Irish Times

A paediatrician has warned parents and teenagers about the danger of an activity called the choking, or fainting game, after it emerged that a teenage(...)

The artificial lung: first time procedure was used on patient as a bridge to a later lung transplant.

Doctors at Temple Street children’s hospital in Dublin have performed the first artificial lung procedure in Ireland on a child who later went on to h(...)