Being “allergic to Christmas itself”, as one colleague nicely put it, isn’t all that bad.  Photograph: Thinkstock

I was born into “the big Christmas tree ban”. There are strictly no real trees allowed in the Ruxton household, originally thanks to my brother. He’s (...)

 Emma Sloan’s mother Caroline, and her sister Amy at the Pharmaceutical Society inquiry being held in Dublin. Photograph: Nick Bradshaw

The tragic death of 14-year-old Emma Sloan two years ago next week was the focus of intense media interest and highlighted the life-threatening challe(...)

Emma Sloan (14) died after going into anaphylactic shock in Dublin in December 2013. Photograph: Facebook/EmmasVoice

A charge of poor professional performance against a pharmacist who refused to dispense an EpiPen to the mother of a teenager who later died of anaphyl(...)

Emma Sloan (14) died after going into anaphylactic shock in Dublin in December 2013. Photograph: Facebook/EmmasVoice

Staff at a Dublin pharmacy received death threats after refusing to dispense an EpiPen to the mother of a teenager suffering an anaphylactic shock, an(...)

Minister for Health and Children Leo Varadkar has has also expanded the vaccines that can be administered by pharmacists. Photograph: Conor Healy Photography

Trained members of the public are to be allowed administer life-saving rescue medicines in emergency situations, under new laws signed by Minister f(...)

From December 13th, all food businesses must provide their customers with written information about certain allergenic ingredients found in the foo(...)

Prof Jonathan Hourihane said the UCC First Responder Anaphylaxis Autoinjector Programme was suspended in 2011 over concerns about administering a prescription-only medicine to a person who had not had that medicine prescribed.  Photograph: Thinkstock

The Government is being urged to legislate for a potentially life-saving anaphylaxis pilot initiative at an Irish university.Allergy expert Prof Jonat(...)

Teenager injecting with Epipen after an attack. Photograph: Getty Images

Twenty minutes after eating a meal during a family get-together in December, 14-year-old Emma Sloan was dead. Suffering from a severe peanut al(...)

Emma Martin with her son, James (10), who has numerous allergies, at their home in Monkstown, Co Dublin. Photographs: Brenda Fitzsimons

The death in Dublin last month of a teenager with a peanut allergy, minutes after suffering a fatal reaction when she mistakenly ate satay sauce, w(...)