Mmbers of SIPTU and NBRU on strike at Phibsboro station earlier this month.  Photograph: Cyril Byrne/The Irish Times

Under the new proposals to end the bus dispute the Government’s controversial plans to put out to tender some routes operated by State transport compa(...)

Members of the NBRU and & SIPTU unions during a march in Dublin city centre over plans to put 10 per cent of public bus routes out to private tender. Photograph: Gareth Chaney/Collins

Minister for Transport Paschal Donohoe has insisted Government-backed plans to put some bus routes out to tender will not lead to the privatisation (...)

Kieran Mulvey, chief executive of the Labour Relations Commission attends talks in Dublin on Monday. Photograph: Dara Mac Dónaill

The Government has no plans to deregulate the entire bus market but the process of putting out to tender 10 per cent of Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann rou(...)

A two-day strike by members of the National Bus and Railworkers Union and Siptu is scheduled to go ahead on Friday and Saturday. A further three-day work stoppage is planned for the June bank holiday weekend.  Photograph: Cyril Byrne/The Irish Times

The latest round of talks aimed at averting a planned two-day strike at Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann later this week will resume at the Labour Relations(...)

Labour Relations Commission  chief executive Kieran Mulvey said every effort would be made to resolve  issues between Bus Éireann and Dublin Bus and workers’ unions before the end of the week.  Further strikes at the bus companies are scheduled this  Friday and Saturday. File photograph: Matt Kavanagh/The Irish Times

New talks aimed at averting further strikes at Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann scheduled to take place on Friday and Saturday are likely to continue for a (...)

Anthony Doran, of Charlestown Place, St Margaret’s  Road, Dublin, pictured leaving the Four Courts  after his Circuit Civil Court claim for damages was dismissed. Photograph: Collins Courts

A Dublin man who alleged he had been assaulted and racially abused by a bus driver has lost a €75,000 damages claim against Bus Éireann for false impr(...)

Dublin bus sign on Dame Street announcing loss of bus services due to unions strike at Bus Depots at the beginning of the month. Photograph: Cyril Byrne/The Irish Times.

Talks are due to get underway on Monday afternoon in an effort to avoid a second planned bus strike by Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann which is scheduled t(...)

Dublin Bus drivers pictured marching in The annual May Day Demonstration organised by the Dublin Council of Trade Unions. Photograph: Aidan Crawley/The Irish Times

New talks are to take place in a bid to avert a second planned bus strike by staff at Dublin Bus and Bus Éireann which is scheduled to take place next(...)

Tánaiste Joan Burton said the only way to resolve the issue was for both parties to sit down – effectively ruling out any Government intervention. Photograph: Alan Betson/The Irish Times

Unions say they will vigorously defend their right to strike as Bus Éireann and Dublin Bus prepare to lodge High Court papers against them today.The (...)

Bus Eireann coaches parked in Phibsboro Bus Depot during a 48 hour strike by Siptu and the National Bus and Rail Union members in Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann. Normal services resumed on Sunday.

As Bus Éireann and Dublin Bus services returned to normal on Sunday after a 48-hour work stoppage, business leaders maintained that the strike had had(...)