Disgraced British broadcaster Stuart Hall to be stripped of his OBE

83-year-old is currently serving a jail term after admitting offences of indecent assault

The 83-year-old is set to officially lose the honour, which he was awarded in 2012 for services to broadcasting and charity, later today, sources said. An independent forfeiture committee decides whether recipients should lose honours if they have brought the system into disrepute. Their decision is then announced in the London Gazette. Photograph: Stefan Rousseau/PA Wire

The 83-year-old is set to officially lose the honour, which he was awarded in 2012 for services to broadcasting and charity, later today, sources said. An independent forfeiture committee decides whether recipients should lose honours if they have brought the system into disrepute. Their decision is then announced in the London Gazette. Photograph: Stefan Rousseau/PA Wire

Tue, Oct 22, 2013, 13:57

Disgraced British broadcaster Stuart Hall will be stripped of his OBE in the wake of his conviction for sex offences against children.

The 83-year-old is set to officially lose the honour, which he was awarded in 2012 for services to broadcasting and charity, later today, sources said.

An independent forfeiture committee decides whether recipients should lose honours if they have brought the system into disrepute. Their decision is then announced in the London Gazette.

Former It’s A Knockout presenter Hall is currently serving a 30-month jail term after finally admitting offences of indecent assault relating to 13 victims. He had previously publicly declared his innocence.