What's on: Weekend events
* Temperatures of between 10 and 13 degrees today will be welcomed by those participating in the Dingle Walking Festival. Anyone interested in taking part should turn up at Danno’s Restaurant and Bar in Dingle to sign up for the walk of their choice.
* Altan’s Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh will perform at the pub that gave her her first break in folk and traditional music 50 years ago. Teach Hiúdaí Beag in Bunbeg, Gaoth Dobhair, has been described by travel guides as one of the places in Ireland to see the best in folk and traditional music. Over 50 years, some of the biggest stars in Irish music have performed there.
* The Jameson Dublin International Film Festival continues across the city this weekend. Among the highlights will be documentaries about Marilyn Monroe and Irish band The Frames.
* The Chinese New Year celebrations continue at Kildare Village, which will have dragon and lion dancing and Tai Chi performances.
* In what must be an annual busman’s holiday, the International Association of Professional Conference Organisers is holding its yearly meeting in Dublin this weekend at the Westbury Hotel.