Two festival goers injured in tent fire at Electric Picnic

Gardaí say they are not treating the fire as suspicious

A woman was transferred to a Dublin hospital earlier today after the tent she was staying in at the Electric Picnic festival in Stradbally Co Laois caught fire

A woman was transferred to a Dublin hospital earlier today after the tent she was staying in at the Electric Picnic festival in Stradbally Co Laois caught fire

Sat, Aug 30, 2014, 12:51

A woman was transferred to a Dublin hospital earlier today after the tent she was staying in at the Electric Picnic festival in Stradbally Co Laois caught fire.

The fire occurred in the Pink Moon campsite, a pre-erected tented village at the festival, at around 5am.

Gardaí said they are not treating the fire as suspicious.

They said the woman’s injuries were not life threatening. She was brought to the Midlands Regional Hospital in Portlaoise before being transferred to St James’s Hospital in Dublin.

A man in his thirties who was also in the tent suffered non-serious injuries and was later discharged from the Midlands Regional Hospital.