N7 reopens after male pedestrian killed in road incident

Road reopens after southbound side between Junctions 2 and 3 had been closed

The  Garda  has said the southbound side of the N7 between Junction 2 Kingswood and Junction 3 Citywest in Dublin ha
i
s
 also
 been reopened after it had been closed
,
 completely 
until as it will would take some time to clear the cars
 after a man in his 60s died in a road incident this evening. Photograph: Frank Miller/The Irish Times

The Garda has said the southbound side of the N7 between Junction 2 Kingswood and Junction 3 Citywest in Dublin ha i s also been reopened after it had been closed , completely until as it will would take some time to clear the cars after a man in his 60s died in a road incident this evening. Photograph: Frank Miller/The Irish Times

Thu, Oct 24, 2013, 22:29

A man in his 60s has died after a traffic incident during rush hour on the N7 Naas Road near Citywest.

The incident involving the pedestrian occurred on the N7 Naas road at about 5pm. The man was removed to Tallaght hospital after the incident, where he was pronounced dead.

The southbound side between Junction 2 Kingswood and Junction 3 Citywest was closed completely after the incident but has since been reopened.

The closure affects the entrance to the R136. Road users are advised to take the N4 to Junction 4 then across the country to the N7 or alternatively the N81 through Tallaght.

Meanwhile, Met Éireann has issued a rainfall warning for Cork and Kerry, with a risk of 50mm of rain in places and the possibility of flooding.

There is a also risk of 25 to 35mm of rain elsewhere, with excess surface water and the possibility of some localised flooding.

Motorists are advised to drive with extra care, to reduce speed, to keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front and never to drive through standing water.