Why change to TCD
Trinity can’t be beaten in Ireland for global recognition and prestige but be sure to bring your sword.
Tell me about TCD
- Trinity College Dublin has over 16,000 students.
- Three large faculties offering over 120 academic courses from the professional disciplines to social sciences, the humanities to business.
- Trinity is Ireland’s leading university across all international rankings, QS World University Ranking, THE World University Ranking, Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai) and CWTS Leiden Rankings . It has been ranked in 48th place in the world and 9th in Europe in the recently published CWTS Leiden Ranking 2013.
Why change to TCD?
Based on feedback from TCD students, the top factors which influenced their choice were the international reputation, employment prospects of the course, the course curriculum itself as well as Trinity’s research reputation.
Also vibrant social life, excellent sports facilities, over 50 sports clubs and almost 100 student societies on offer.
Why not change to TCD?
- A certain times of the year you might as well be studying on the Bridge of Sighs in Venice or at the foot of the Eiffel Tower, there are that many tourists.
- There are many, many exciting alternatives to lectures.
What’s changed since I filled out my CAO form?
New degree programmes this year :
- TR030 Catholic Theological Studies
- TR032 Engineering, a new degree option in Biomedical Engineering
Most popular CAO course 2012?
Medicine (906 first preferences), Science (3182 applications)
What courses have declined in popularity?
Over the last few years the trend in applications has been towards STEM courses which means that applications to course in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences have somewhat declined.
Weirdest fact about TCD?
Could be urban legend but it is said that in the Latin statutes relating to Trinity there are still laws about student behaviour that include the right to order a glass of wine during an exam and the obligation to carry a sword when entering the campus.
You could be the one to test them out.
TCD in three words
Students, reputation, quality.