Creche worker sues after alleged electrocution while washing up

Employee says she was unable to continue with part-time singing career

A part-time country and western singer who claims she has been unable to return to professional singing 
and had to cancel gigs
after being allegedly electrocuted in a creche where she worked has sued for damages.

A part-time country and western singer who claims she has been unable to return to professional singing and had to cancel gigs after being allegedly electrocuted in a creche where she worked has sued for damages.

Thu, Mar 27, 2014, 01:01

A part-time country and western singer who claims she has been unable to return to professional singing after being allegedly electrocuted in a creche where she worked has sued for damages.

Lesley Anne Dawson told the High Court she felt a bang in her head and was thrown four or five feet backwards after she put her hands into a sink to do washing up at the nursery school.

Ms Dawson, who two years before the accident won a competition to sing in Nashville and who also performed on cruise ships , said she had to cancel gigs after the accident and has not returned to professional singing.

Ms Dawson, from Ballon, Co Carlow, has sued Linda Mellon, the proprietor of Dolmen Nursery and Montessori School, Hacketstown Road, Carlow, for alleged negligence as a result of the accident on August 31st, 2005.

She claims she received a severe electric shock when she put her hands into a sink filled with water. She alleges a hand blender was in the sink.The defendant denies negligence.

The case continues.