- The promoter is The Irish Times Limited, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
- Nominations must be entered online in the form above.
- A valid entry consists of completing the online form above, along with your name, email address and contact phone number.
- To be eligible to nominate you must be aged 18 or over.
- To enter the competition you must submit a 'pitch' about why the area you are nominating is the best place to holiday in Ireland. The pitch must be no more than 500 words in order to be considered a valid entry. No pitch which could, in the Promoters view, be considered to be offensive, defamatory or plagiarised will be accepted or entered. The winning area will be chosen by a judging panel, the decision of the panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The judging panel consists of Rosita Boland, Eamon Ryan, Stephen McPhilemy and Margaret Jeffares.
- Areas nominated may be required to submit further details as part of the judges' consideration of their nomination. This may include a site visit.
- For any queries in relation to 'The Best Place to Holiday in Ireland' competition please email email@example.com
- The area deemed 'The Best Place to Holiday in Ireland' will receive a plaque for the locality which will be presented by The Irish Times at a celebratory event in the area. The Irish Times will also publish a story on the winning place, and make a short film about it for irishtimes.com.
- There is no alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable.
- The area deemed 'The Best Place to Holiday in Ireland' will be published in The Irish Times, on irishtimes.com and other media.
- The promoter reserves the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
- The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this promotion.
- Each individual can make one nomination.
- All eligible nominations will be published online, and may be used for PR / media purposes.
- A selection of eligible entries will be profiled in The Irish Times.
- The Irish Times reserves the right to publish all nominations (including parts of entries) and publication does not necessarily mean the nominated area has won an award.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or its associated companies. The winner must be available for a photo and willing to have his / her photo published by The Irish Times.
- By entering the promotion and submitting a pitch, entrants agree to assign all intellectual property rights in their entry to The Irish Times. Further the entrant agrees to waive all moral rights.
- Employees of The Irish Times and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition, including the third party promotional partners, are automatically excluded.
- Any breach of these rules by a nominator will void the nomination. Misrepresentative or fraudulent nominations will invalidate that nomination.
- The Irish Times reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in their sole discretion, a competition is not capable for being conducted as specified.
- Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is midnight Saturday 20th April 2013.
- The 'Best Place to Holiday in Ireland' as chosen by our panel of judges will be announced in The Irish Times in early summer 2013. The presentation to the winning area will be made before the end of August 2013.
Irish Times Life & Style
Latest Life & Style
The week’s fashion news (and goodbye)