Spinach, carrot and courgette muffins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 170g coconut flour
- 30g cornflour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp chia seeds (or linseeds)
- Salt, pepper
- A grate or two of nutmeg
- 5 eggs
- 360ml almond milk
- 200g spinach leaves, de-stalked and chopped (or use baby leaves)
- 200g grated carrot
- 1 onion, grated or very finely chopped
- 1 courgette, grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful dill and parsley, chopped
Preheat an oven to 180 degrees/gas 4 and grease and line a 12-unit muffin tray.
In a large bowl, mix the coconut flour, cornflour, baking powder and seeds, and season well. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Add all the vegetable ingredients and the lemon juice to the egg/milk mixture and then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix gently.
Tip into the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes. They will not rise much and are quite dense, but taste light enough.