Course: Main Course
Cooking Time: 60 mins
- 2 peppers, deseeded and roughly sliced
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
- 3 Spanish onions, finely sliced
- 3 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp miso paste, or Marmite
- 1 level 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 100g hard goat’s cheese, sliced
- 375g puff pastry
- Fresh oregano to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/gas 4. Roast the mushrooms and peppers together in a roasting tin with a little olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper until they are very slightly charred.
While they are roasting, sweat the sliced onions over a low heat in some olive oil for about 25 minutes, but without colouring them. Add the garlic, miso or Marmite and thyme, and cook for one minute before allowing the mixture to cool.
To assemble the pissaladière for cooking, roll out the pastry to fit the baking tray. Top it with the onions, then with the peppers, mushrooms and slices of goat’s cheese.
Bake till the base is crisp and golden – about 40 minutes. When it’s done, sprinkle the oregano over it and serve at room temperature.