Black bean chilli
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- Pinch sugar or squeeze honey
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tin cooked black beans, drained
- To serve4 corn tortilla wraps, ripped into triangles. Drizzle with olive oil and season (cumin, fennel and thyme all work well) and bake in oven until crisp
- Bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- Bunch coriander, chopped
- Few spoons of crème fraiche
Set your oven to 160 degrees.
Sauté the garlic and onions in olive oil until very soft and starting to colour – about 10 minutes.
Add the chilli, cumin, oregano, coffee and sugar and stir. Then add the tomatoes and cinnamon and simmer for 20 minutes. Finally, add the black beans, let them heat through, adjust the seasoning and you’re ready to go.
Serve with the condiments above and feel free to make some guacamole to add in to proceedings.