Advertisement Uversity is a new initiative in higher education which aims to promote the island of Ireland as a world-leading centre of education in creativity and the arts.
Uversity has been founded by twenty four universities, institutes of technology and independent colleges. The ethos driving Uversity is the belief that creative potential is best realised in the pursuit of personalised learning. Uversity enables students to flexibly combine the modules of its partner institutions in a personalised degree programme, spending semesters in different institutions and supported by a mentoring programme. Uversity is a not-for-profit organisation and a Recognised College of the National University of Ireland (NUI). Its role is to attract international students, facilitate and support personal programme design and to ensure the future development of the venture.
The Board of Uversity now wishes to appoint an individual who will bring academic leadership to this emerging entity and work in close collaboration with the Executive Director. He/she will establish a mentoring programme, oversee the integrity of individual programmes, be responsible for quality assurance and liaise with all of the partners and the NUI on matters relating to accreditation, admissions, programme delivery and the evaluation of this ground-breaking initiative.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a proven, internationally recognised, academic record with strong credentials in teaching& research
- extensive experience as a senior academic manager in a higher education environment
- a pioneering spirit with the capacity to collaborate and innovate
- the versatility and focus to translate strategy into deliverables
- the vision and the networks to enthuse others and to ensure the sustainability of Uversity as
- a dynamic enterprise in higher education for international students in Ireland.
Uversity is a world first in higher education. This is a unique opportunity for a pioneering academic who is excited by and keen to realise the potential of this start-up to make a significant contribution to higher education and the economic development of the island of Ireland.
For further information or to discuss the role in confidence, please contact Ellen Roche at PwC on 01 792 6703.
A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae may be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.