The Weekly Movie Quiz
Compiled by DONALD CLARKE
1. According to the tagline for Alien, what can nobody hear you do in space?
2. What role links Edward Furlong, Nick Stahl and Christian Bale?
3. Whose career began with Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and Heavenly Creatures?
4. Name the director in the photograph.
5. Who played Quasimodo, Javert, Dr Moreau and Capt Bligh?
6. Adventures on the 7 ½ Floor. Not quite The Orchid Thief. With Maurice’s monsters. Whose complete directing oeuvre?
7. What currently links Austria, Norway, Chile, Denmark and Canada?
8. Which comedy was based on the script for the (allegedly) straight 1957 drama Zero Hour!?
9. Why might certain films by Roman Polanski, Orson Welles and Akira Kurosawa be considered unlucky?
10. Which Oscar-winning film provides the title to an episode of Seinfeld?
2. All played John Connor in Terminator films
3. Peter Jackson
4. Michael Haneke
5. Charles Laughton
6. Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Where the Wild Things Are)
7. Nominees for the best foreign language picture at the Oscars
9. They all adapted Macbeth (Kurosawa as Throne of Blood)
10. The English Patient