Donald Clarke's Weekly Movie Quiz
DONALD CLARKEgives us another intriguing movie quiz
1. “The ‘D’ is silent. Payback won’t be.” Which of this week’s releases?
2. Who have had a “Christmas”, escaped “from Guantanamo Bay” and “had the munchies” (at “White Castle”)?
3. Name the actress obscured by a flower (photo).
4. Who meandered into film with Lady Sings the Blues, Mahogany and The Wiz?
5. Why might Ang Lee and Darren Aronofsky make you think of a mathematical constant?
6. Last week Silver Linings Playbook became the first film since Reds to achieve what feat?
7. Bill Murray (2004), Liam Neeson (2005), George Sanders (1967), Antonio Banderas (2004). What’s the link?
8. Which is the odd one out: Oliver, Airplane, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Moulin Rouge?
9. “How old Cary Grant?” How did the great man famously reply to this terse, possibly apocryphal telegram?
10. Which nonagenarian (then octogenarian) won a “Spirit of Metal” award for his vocal performance on the hard rock epic Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross?
1. Django Unchained
2. Harold and Kumar
3. Shirley MacLaine
4. Diana Ross
5. Directed Life of Pi and Pi
6. Be nominated for all four acting prizes at the Oscars
7. All voiced cats of various sizes (Garfield, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Jungle Book, Shrek 2)
8. Who Framed Roger Rabbit. All the rest should take exclamation points in their titles. Roger Rabbit should have no punctuation point (not even a question mark).
9. “Old Cary Grant fine. How you?”
10. Christopher Lee