Donald Clarke's Weekly Movie Quiz
1 Who jumped on Oprah’s couch way back in 2005?
2 Name the director in the snap (left).
3 Combine the patron saint of lost causes with a piece of legislation to create a current star.
4 Who has been Boo Radley, Tom Hagen and Bill Kilgore?
5 To which film was The Two Jakes a sequel?
6 What currently runs from Catch Us if You Can to The Tiger’s Tail?
7 How are Moses Horwitz, Jerry Horwitz and Louis Feinberg better known?
8 Who is missing: Demián Bichir, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Gary Oldman?
9 The first, in 1927, was at a news desk. The last, in 1976, was through a frosted door. What?
10 The Usual Suspects, Rush Hour, Tsotsi, Kick-Ass (in that order). What’s the connection?
1. Tom Cruise
2. Sofia Coppola
3. Jude Law
4. Robert Duvall (To Kill a Mockingbird, The Godfather, Apocalypse Now)
6. The feature directing career of John Boorman
7. The Three Stooges
8. Jean Dujardin (the remaining nominee – and winner – for best actor at the 2012 Oscars)
9. Cameo appearances by Alfred Hitchcock
10. Films directed by film-makers who went on to helm successive films in the X-Men cycle (Bryan Singer, Brett Ratner, Gavin Hood, Matthew Vaughn).