Donald Clarke's Weekly Movie Quiz
1 Who has been Jack Ryan, John Book and Rick Dekard?
2 Which of this week’s releases is an expansion of a short by the same director?
3 Who is playing whom in the photo on left?
4 Which film spawned sequels imaginatively titled 1975, ’77 and ’79?
5 Ben Whishaw takes over as which ingenious quartermaster from next week?
6 What were we playing in This Sporting Life (1963)?
7 What are Roderick Jaynes’s real names?
8 Who comes next: Richard Donner, Richard Lester, Sidney J Furie, Bryan Singer?
9 Why might a Franco Nero spaghetti western and an upcoming Quentin Tarantino film make you think of Sean Penn?
10 A film by Derek Jarman. 9 in a film by Neill Blomkamp. Whit Stillman’s debut. Played by Emily Blunt. What city are we beneath?
And the answers . . .
1. Harrison Ford
3. Anthony Hopkins as Alfred Hitchcock in the upcoming Hitchcock
4. Airport (1970)
5. Q in Skyfall
6. Rugby League
7. Joel and Ethan Coen (their pseudonym when editing)
8. Zack Snyder (directors of Superman films)
9. London (cryptic references to underground lines: Jubilee, District , Metropolitan. (Young) Victoria)
10. Django is the Nero film. Tarantino’s latest is Django Unchained. Penn played a version of Django Reinhardt in Sweet and Lowdown.