Donald Clarke's Weekly Movie Quiz
1Which film first introduced us to Gaylord Focker?
2Name the mildly disguised actor in his last role (pictured).
3Combine a waterway with a mythical bird to form a late star of the 1980s and 1990s.
4Which actor famously ended up with a tattoo reading “Wino Forever”?
5Which star recently achieved notoriety (and some support) for comparing Michael Bay to Adolf Hitler?
6Which actor links Nick Fury and Mace Windu?
7Which writer provided Alfred Hitchcock with the source material for films released in 1939, 1940 and 1963?
8Combine the antagonist of Friday the 13th with the occupants of a Ben Affleck film to create a 1963 mythological classic.
9Crazy mom in David Lynch’s Palme d’Or winner. Dr Ellie Sattler in a 1990s Spielberg smash. All alone in Silent Running. What’s the connection?
10Which real-life character has generated more best actor Oscar nominations than any other?
1. Meet the Parents
2. Paul Newman (in 2005’s HBO drama Empire Falls)
3. River Phoenix
4. Johnny Depp (originally “Winona Forever”)
5. Megan Fox
6. Samuel L Jackson (various Marvel entertainments, Star Wars prequels)
7. Daphne du Maurier (Jamaica Inn, Rebecca, The Birds)
8. Jason and the Argonauts
9. Members of the Dern family (Diane Lane in Wild at Heart; Laura Dern, her daughter, in Jurassic Park; and Laura’s dad Bruce Dern)
10. Henry VIII. (Charles Laughton, Robert Shaw and Richard Burton were all nominated for playing the role.)