Donald Clarke's Weekly Movie Quiz
1 Which of this week’s releases offers us Rocky, the Terminator and John McClane in the same noisy package?
2 Name the actors dressed in their Sunday best (pictured).
3 Which 1973 film brought Scott Joplin’s The Entertainer into the charts?
4 According to Rush Limbaugh, which recent villain was named for the company once shepherded by Mitt Romney? (He wasnt really.)
5 Tatum O’Neal and Christopher Plummer sit at either end of which roll of honour?
6 Which actress is related by blood to the star of The Birds and by marriage to Puss in Boots?
7 Who links Ilsa Lund, Anna Anderson and Joan of Arc?
8 Who began life as Richard Walter Jenkins?
9 What links King Kong and the Smog Monster?
10 What helped name a Buddy Holly song and a Merseybeat band?
And the answers . . .
1. The Expendables 2
2. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in Some Like It Hot
3. The Sting
4. Bane in The Dark Knight Rises (allegedly named for Bain Capital)
5. Acting Oscar winners arranged by age.
6. Melanie Griffith (mother is Tippi Hedren, husband is Antonio Banderas)
7. Ingrid Bergman (characters from Casablanca, Anastasia, Joan of Arc)
8. Richard Burton
9. They have both appeared “versus” Godzilla.
10. John Ford’s The Searchers (That’ll Be the Day and The Searchers)