Donald Clarke's Weekly Movie Quiz
1 Which of this year’s big movies featured a showdown with Bane?
2 Which film series came a cropper with Jar Jar Binks?
3 Combine an Athletic English football team with an eccentric TV chef to create an iconic movie star.
4 What will eventually follow An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug?
5 What do 7 Women, Family Plot, Buddy Buddy and Eyes Wide Shut have in common?
6 What links Quentin Tarantino’s proper debut feature, Lars Von Trier’s tale of small-town American bitterness, Sam Peckinpah’s British revenge thriller and – this is the hard bit – Keanu Reeves’s band?
7 Who is the odd one out: Mrs Bucket, the White Queen, Lucy Honeychurch and Miss Havisham?
8 Which versatile maestro links Planet of the Apes (pictured), Patton and Papillon?
9 The title of which Francois Truffaut movie – and film-making practice – translates literally into English as The American Night?
10 What links the actors Tom Hiddleston, Eddie Redmayne, Damian Lewis and Dominic West?
1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Star Wars
3. Charlton Heston (Charlton Athletic, Heston Blumenthal)
4. There and Back Again (films in The Hobbit trilogy)
5. Final films of great directors (John Ford, Alfred Hitchcock, Billy Wilder, Stanley Kubrick)
6. Dogs (Reservoir Dogs, Dogville, Straw Dogs and Dogstar)
7. The White Queen. All the rest were played by Helena Bonham Carter, though she was the Red Queen to Anne Hathathway’s White Queen in Alice in Wonderland.
8. Franklin J Schaffner
9. Day for Night (La Nuit Americaine)
10. They all went to Eton.