Donald Clarke's Weekly Movie Quiz
1Which franchise is hoping for “a good day”?
2Still pure after four decades. Pregnant. Amusing folk. This is four decades. Whose directing career?
3What links Francis, Talia, Carmine, Nicolas and Roman?
4Which 1972 film propelled Duelling Banjos to the top of the charts?
5According to the bookies, Argo is favourite to be the first film since Driving Miss Daisy to achieve what?
6Sgt Pepper’s was the biggest selling album of the 1960s. What movie soundtrack was the second biggest of the decade?
7What began with Pepi, Luci, Bom, ran on to La piel que Habito and is set to continue with Los Amantes Pasajeros?
8Identify the film professional in the picture.
9Whose only Oscar nominations were for Days of Heaven, The Mission, The Untouchables, Bugsy and Malena?
10Who connects Jean- Luc Godard’s Bande à part, Knoxville, Tennessee, and an Elvis impersonator in The Golden Girls?
1. Die Hard
2. Judd Apatow (The 40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Funny People, This Is 40)
3. They were all born as Coppolas. (Talia Shire and Nic Cage ended up as something else.)
5. Win best picture at the Oscars without a nomination for best director
6. The Sound of Music
7. The career of Pedro Almodóvar
8. Alfred Hitchcock
9. Ennio Morricone
10. Quentin Tarantino (inspired the name of his production company Band Apart; place of birth; early performance)