Movie quiz for March 17th
For the day that’s in it, I remembered to do at least one Irish question
1. What is the title of Star Wars Episode VIII?
2. Which 1970s smash was based on the novels The Tower and the Glass Inferno?
3. Identify the actor in this seasonally appropriate still.
4. Which bestselling soundtrack LP featured tracks entitled Five Circles, Abraham’s Theme and Eric’s Theme?
5. Who played Patsy, the Green Knight and Sir Bars in Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
6. Why might One Trick Pony and Bad Timing make you think of The Graduate?
7. Which inexplicably popular actor, in 21st century remakes, played parts previously played by Gary Cooper and Burt Reynolds?
8. What is the longest film to have ever received an Academy Award?
9. Between which two successive James Bond films was there the longest gap?
10. Peter O’Toole was twice Oscar nominated for playing which character?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. The Last Jedi
2. The Towering Inferno
3. Warwick Davis
4. Chariots of Fire
5. Terry Gilliam
6. The first starred Paul Simon. The second starred Art Garfunkel. Simon and Garfunkel provided the songs for The Graduate
7. Adam Sandler (Mr Deeds and The Longest Yard)
8. O.J.: Made in America
9. License to Kill and GoldenEye (six years)
10. Henry II (The Lion in Winter and Becket)
Comment on Screenwriter at the author’s Twitter account: @donaldclarke63