Movie quiz for February
Does what it says on the tin.
1. Who was Luke Skywalker’s brother in law?
2. Emma Watson and Dan Stevens are about to play which initially ill-matched couple?
3. Which Python is beneath the makeup?
4. What links One-Eyed Jacks, The Night of The Hunter, Nil by Mouth and American Pastoral?
5. What have Frank Langella, Leslie Nielsen, Gerard Butler and George Hamilton all done?
6. What completes this series that began in 1962: Scottish, Australian, Scottish, English, Welsh, Irish?
7. Whose missing: Mildred Loving, Mia Dolan, Florence Foster Jenkins, Michèle Leblanc?
8. Over the last 10 years only two films that are not sequels have been the highest grossing films released in their respective years. Name them.
9. What links Marnie Edgar, Tess McGill and Anastasia Steele?
10. What place does Billy Taylor’s “I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free” play in the cinematic life?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Han Solo
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Terry Jones
4. Only (to date) films directed by actors. (Marlon Brando, Charles Laughton, Gary Oldman, Ewan McGregor)
5. Played Dracula (Dracula, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, Dracula 2000, Love at First Bite.
6. English (Successive James Bond actors)
7. Jackie Kennedy (Roles played by this year’s nominees for best actress)
8. Frozen and Avatar
9. Played by successive generation of the same family (Tipp Hedren Marnie, Melanie Griffith in Working Girl, Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades Darker)
10. It has, for over 40 years been the theme to the BBC’s Film… programme.
Comment on Screenwriter at the author’s Twitter account: @donaldclarke63