Movie quiz for December 17th
Rooolllllll, another one. Just like the other one. You’ve been holding on to it. And I sure would like a hit.
1. In which of this week’s releases will you meet Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, Orson Krennic and more people like that?
2. Which star of Hollywood’s golden era turned 100 on Friday?
3. In what 1970s hit will you see Harrison Ford, Richard Dreyfuss, Ron Howard and Charles Martin Smith?
4. Name the actor in his early years.
5. Which was the first Alfred Hitchcock film to feature Cary Grant?
6. Which is the odd one out: Intravenus de Milo, Shark Sandwich, Rock ‘n’ Roll Creation, Very ‘Eavy, Very ‘Umble??
7. What links Frederic Raphael, Diane Johnson, Arthur C Clarke and Terry Southern?
8. In which horror film will you meet Pinhead, Butterball and Chatterer?
9. Who is the only person to have won an acting Oscar for a Stephen King adaptation?
10. Which 2013 film is based on The Suspects Wore Louboutins by Nancy Jo Sales (the clue in the title)?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
2. Kirk Douglas
3. American Graffiti
4. Humphrey Bogart
6. Very ‘Eavy, Very ‘Umble (The rest are all fictional Spinal Tap LPs. Very ‘Eavy is by Uriah Heep)
7. All have screenwriting credits on Stanley Kubrick features. (Eyes Wide Shut, The Shining, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr Strangelove).
9. Kathy Bates (for Misery)
10. Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring.
Comment on Screenwriter at the author’s Twitter account: @donaldclarke63