Movie quiz for August 22nd
Autumn really seems to have properly arrived. Curl up with a good quiz.
1. Who’s next: Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale?
2. Walt Disney’s Tangled told the story of which legendary princess?
3. Which 1990s hit had the tagline: “Houston, we have a problem”?
4. What links Mr Orange, Bob Roberts, Frank N Furter and Buzz Lightyear?
5. Identify the actor from his high-school yearbook photograph.
6. Scarlett Johansson is invincible. Rita Hayworth dances erotically. Judi Dench goes through Alzheimer’s disease. Saoirse Ronan is a teenage assassin. What’s the link?
7. In which film does a drug deal go wrong to Sister Christian, Jessie’s Girl and 99 Red Balloons?
8. Who links Etta James, Foxxy Cleopatra and Deena Jones?
9. Which recently deceased star was a first cousin to Shimon Peres?
10. What links Edith Wharton, Nikos Kazantzakis and Walter Tevis?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. (Ben) Affleck (successive actors to play Batman)
3. Apollo 13
4. Played by Tims (Tim Roth, Tim Robbins, Tim Curry, Tim Allen)
5. Philip Seymour Hoffman
6. Films named for girl’s first names (Lucy, Gilda, Iris, Hanna)
7. Boogie Nights
8. Beyoncé (played in Cadillac Records, Austin Powers in Goldmember, Dreamgirls.
9. Lauren Bacall
10. All had novels adapted into Martin Scorsese films (The Age of Innocence, The Last Temptation of Christ, The Colour of Money)