Movie quiz for August 8th
The quiz you all love to love is in its regular place
1. In which classic are the heroes in search of a heart, a brain and some courage?
2. This week’s Planes: Fire & Rescue is a spin-off of which Pixar film and sequel?
3. Whose most recent roles were a law-enforcement bureaucrat, a plantation owner, a 1920s playboy and a stockbroker?
4. Which film followed the adventures of rock band Stillwater?
5. Battle of the Five Armies is the upcoming closing film of which trilogy?
6. Who has directed adaptations of EM Forster, Boris Pasternak, Pierre Boulle and Charles Dickens?
7. What do directors Nicholas Ray, Elia Kazan and George Stevens have in common?
8. Identify the child star pictured before he became properly famous.
9. What links a domestic police officer, Golgotha, the capital of West Flanders, and a particular number of dangerous maniacs?
10. What is the oldest film to have earned $1 billion at the box office?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
3. Leonardo DiCaprio (J Edgar, Django Unchained, The Great Gatsby, The Wolf of Wall Street)
4. Almost Famous
5. The Hobbit
6. David Lean (A Passage to India, Doctor Zhivago, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Great Expectations and Oliver Twist)
7. They directed the only three films featuring James Dean in a major role (Rebel Without a Cause, East of Eden, Giant).
8. River Phoenix
9. Films by Martin and John Michael McDonagh (The Guard, Calvary, In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths)
10. Jurassic Park. This is almost a trick question. Titanic was, of course, the first film to achieve that feat. But Jurassic Park managed it on rerelease.