Movie quiz for August 1st
August arrives. It’s officially silly season. But the quiz remains serious stuff.
1. Combine more than one copy of a liberal British newspaper with a chocolate brand to create a current blockbuster.
2. Which actor is set to be the next Mad Max in 2015?
3. “This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.” The end of which classic?
4. Henry VIII in A Man for All Seasons. Roy Neary from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Buddy Russo from The French Connection. Name the boat.
5. Name the English-born actors who have played James Bond (in the official series).
6. Identify the actor pictured in her early years.
7. What links The George Baker Selection, Dick Dale and the Del-tones and Bobby Womack?
8. Who are Marion Ravenwood, Willie Scott and Elsie Schneider?
9. Delbert Mann, Billy Wilder, Steven Spielberg and Michel Hazanavicius are the last four men to achieve what feat at the Oscars?
10. If Bob Hope is in Burbank and John Wayne is in Orange County, then who is in Washington DC?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Tom Hardy
3. The Man who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)
4. The Orca (though we’ll accept “the boat in Jaws”)
5. Roger Moore and Daniel Craig (Sean Connery was born in Scotland, George Lazenby in Australia, Timothy Dalton in Wales, and Pierce Brosnan in Ireland)
6. Marlene Dietrich
7. Performed music over the opening credits to the first three Quentin Tarantino films
8. Female characters in the first three Indiana Jones films
9. Directed a best picture winner in black and white (Marty, The Apartment, Schindler’s List, The Artist)
10. Ronald Reagan (actors who gave their names to airports)