Movie quiz for July 18th
If the killer seagulls are getting you down. Take shelter and quiz.
1. Which of this week’s releases takes place mostly in the year 2017?
2. What links Rex Harrison in 1967, Omar Sharif in 1965 and Joseph Wiseman in 1962?
3. What was Pixar’s second animated feature?
4. Which one, among the following, was actually not in Love, Actually: Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kristin Scott Thomas, Keira Knightley?
5. The plot to which 2007 animated feature eerily predicted that of Stephen King’s novel and TV series Under the Dome?
6. Why might an ice dancing comedy, a Stanley Kubrick war film and John Boorman’s reminiscences of the Blitz make you think of Denzel Washington’s first Oscar?
7. Which two stars exchange quips in “Well, Did You Evah?” during High Society (1956)?
8. Identify the heavily disguised star in the photograph.
9. Each episode of which franchise has, to date, featured the characters Barney Ross, Lee Christmas, Yin Tang and Gunner Jensen?
10. Powell and Pressburger’s ballet film. William Wyler directs Laurence Olivier and Merle Oberon. Dracula: Prince of Darkness, Horror of Frankenstein and The Plague of the Zombies, to name a few. Which singer?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
2. Starred as titular “Doctors” (Doctor Doolittle, Doctor Zhivago, Dr No)
3. A Bug’s Life (1998)
4. Kristin Scott Thomas
5. The Simpsons Movie
6. Glory (Blades of Glory, Paths of Glory, Hope and Glory, Denzel’s Oscar was for Glory)
7. Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra
8. Tilda Swinton (in the upcoming Snowpiercer)
9. The Expendables
10. Kate Bush (The Red Shoes, Wuthering Heights, Hammer Horror)