Movie quiz for July 11th
It’s the marching season. March towards your favourite quiz. Or something
1. A Beatles film celebrates its 50th anniversary this month. What’s it called?
2. Which movie character has a statue in his honour outside the Philadelphia Museum of Art?
3. Twenty years ago, which juvenile actor was paid a record $8 million to appear in (ironically enough) Richie Rich?
4. Identify the star in a scarred state.
5. Which film series was inspired by Pierre Boulle’s 1963 novel La Planète des singes?
6. Why might Charlize Theron’s Oscar, Halle Berry’s Oscar and Pixar’s third feature make you think of Gareth Edwards?
7. What links Ira Levin, Thomas Hardy, Charles Dickens and Robert Harris?
8. In which category have the following all won Oscars: Billy Bob Thornton, Emma Thompson, Oliver Stone, John Huston?
9. Which US film is the most successful at the US box office in a language other than English?
10. Who is the odd one out: Bella from Twilight, Mary-Jane from Spider-Man, Anna from Frozen, Annie from Bridesmaids?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. A Hard Day’s Night
3. Macaulay Culkin
4. Robert De Niro in Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (1994)
5. Planet of the Apes
6. Edwards directed Monsters (Monster, Monsters Ball, Monsters Inc)
7. All had works adapted by Roman Polanski (Rosemary’s Baby, Tess, Oliver Twist, The Ghost)
8. Best adapted screenplay
9. The Passion of the Christ (2004)
10. Mary-Jane. The rest are all played by “Kristens” while Mary-Jane is played by a “Kirsten” (Kristen Stewart, Kirsten Dunst, Kristen Bell, Kristen Wiig)