Movie quiz for July 4th
Tennis, football, quizzing. It a weekend of top sport.
1. Which Disney classic concerns the adventures of a young deer?
2. Which franchise features episodes entitled Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and, shortly, Age of Extinction?
3. Identify the 1990 film from its poster.
4. In which Clint Eastwood will you hear the line “Go ahead, make my day”?
5. The soundtrack to which countercultural classic features The Pusher by Steppenwolf, It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) by Bob Dylan and Wasn’t Born to Follow by The Byrds?
6. Which is the odd one out: Nurse, Teacher, Jack, Spaceman, Emmanuelle?
7. What links Bad Timing, Amour, The Third Man and Before Sunrise?
8. James Ivory and Mark Romanek are the only two directors to have helmed films by which author?
9. What links Rayon, Patsey, Jeanette and Ron?
10. What links Dennis Fariña, Laurence Fishburne, Scott Glenn and Harvey Keitel (beware: TV element to question)?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
3. Dick Tracy
4. Sudden Impact
5. Easy Rider
6. Spaceman (all Carry On films apart from Spaceman, which was in development for a while during the 1960s.)
7. All set in Vienna
8. Kazuo Ishiguro (Remains of the Day and Never Let Me Go)
9. Given names of the characters played by the winners of this years acting Oscars (from The Dallas Buyers Club, 12 Years a Slave, Blue Jasmine and The Dallas Buyers Club)
10. All played Jack Crawford in adaptations of Thomas Harris works. (Manhunter, Hannibal, The Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon).