Movie quiz for June 27th
It’s your favourite movie quiz, still going strong.
1. Which of this week’s releases offers roles to the star’s sister, wife, daughter and son?
2. Whose last roles were in Brannigan, Rooster Cogburn and The Shootist?
3. Caddyshack. Happy Gilmore. The Legend of Bagger Vance. Tin Cup. What are we playing?
4. Which is the odd one out: The Cat in the Hat, Horton Hears a Who, How to Train Your Dragon, The Lorax?
5. What links the titles of an early Steven Spielberg flop, a Roland Emmerich disaster film and a Bernardo Bertolucci epic?
6. Name the actor in the politically incorrect “Oriental” makeup (image).
7. Who has played Swifty Lazar, Truman Capote, Karl Rove and Alfred Hitchcock?
8. The hero of Casablanca, the star of The Jazz Singer remake, Austin Powers actor and the first Lady Olivier sound like the heroes of which anarchic sitcom?
9. Sidney Poitier’s Oscar, Elia Kazan’s Steinbeck adaptation, the story of the Guildford Four, Ingmar Bergman’s plague-riddled allegory, and a study of the Scopes Monkey Trial. How do they connect?
10. According to Bauhaus, who, in 1979, was “dead”?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Mrs Brown’s Boys D’ Movie
2. John Wayne
4. How to Train Your Dragon (the others are based on Dr Seuss books)
5. Names for years (1941, 2012,1900)
6. Christopher Lee as Fu Manchu
7. Toby Jones (in Frost/Nixon, Infamous, W and The Girl)
8. The Young Ones (Rick Blaine, Neil Diamond, Mike Myers, Vivien Leigh. We say “sound like” because Ade Edmondson’s character spelt his name “Vyvyan”.)
9. Their titles are taken from quotes from the Bible (Lilies of the Field, East of Eden, In the Name of the Father, The Seventh Seal, Inherit the Wind).
10. Bela Lugosi