Movie quiz for June 20th
Hot in the quizzy! It’s hot in the quizzy tonight!
1. Which veteran actor was sent to hospital this week after an accident on the Millennium Falcon?
2. Which of this week’s releases takes its title from Julius Caesar?
3. In which classic will you hear Pink Elephants on Parade, Baby Mine and When I See an Elephant Fly?
4. What courtesy title connects Anthony Minghella’s Highsmith adaptation, two Frank Capra features, Mike Leigh’s upcoming JMW Turner biopic and Leslie Nielsen’s short-sighted buffoon?
5. Whose last role was the voice of Doc Hudson in Cars?
6. Bette Midler and Nicole Kidman were both born on what island?
7. Identify the film from this detail of its famous poster.
8. What colour links a film directed by Quentin Tarantino, the last line in Some Like It Hot, and an upcoming film adaptation of a hit TV series?
9. Blanche in Drive. Ted in Bridesmaids. Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class. Moriarty in A Game of Shadows. Howard Stark in Iron Man 2. Where are most of us working?
10. What links The Prince and the Showgirl, Notes on a Scandal, Lady Jane and The Madness of King George?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Harrison Ford
2. The Fault in Our Stars
4. Mr. (The Talented Mr Ripley, Mr Deeds Goes to Town, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Mr Turner, Mr Magoo)
5. Paul Newman
6. Oahu (Hawaii)
7. Deliverance (1972)
8. Brown (Jackie Brown, spoken by Joe E Brown, Mrs Brown’s Boys D’Movie)
9. At Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce from Mad Men (Christina Hendricks, Jon Hamm, January Jones, Jared Harris, John Slattery. We say “most” because Betty Draper, played by January Jones, is not actually an employee of the agency.)
10. All were directed by former artistic directors of the UK’s Royal National Theatre (Laurence Olivier, Richard Eyre, Trevor Nunn, Nicholas Hynter)