Movie quiz for June 13th
Forget the beautiful game. It’s the beautiful quiz.
1. In which 1971 thriller did we first meet police inspector Harry Callahan?
2. Identify the film from the still.
3. Django Unchained was the first film in 16 years for which one of its stars did not receive top billing (other than cameos). Which one?
4. What links Laurie Strode, Marion Crane and Sidney Falco?
5. Which is the odd one out: M*A*S*H, Private Benjamin, Clueless, Mission: Impossible, Planet of the Apes?
6. David Niven, Pierce Brosnan and Steve Coogan have all played what role?
7. To which film was Prince’s Parade the official soundtrack album?
8. Who is the only living Oscar winner to hold the Order of New Zealand?
9. What came after Good Times, The Birthday Party, The Night They Raided Minsky’s and The Boys in the Band?
10. What links Jagged Edge, American Graffiti, Never Say Never Again and Super 8?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Dirty Harry
2. Sunset Blvd
3. Leonardo DiCaprio
4. All played by members of the Curtis family (Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween, Janet Leigh in Psycho, Tony Curtis in Sweet Smell of Success)
5. Mission: Impossible (All the rest spawned TV series. Mission: Impossible was adapted from a TV series)
6. Phileas Fogg in Around the World in 80 Days (1956, 1989, 2004)
7. Under the Cherry Moon (1986)
8. Peter Jackson
9. The French Connection (films by William Friedkin)
10. Films directed by film-makers who have also directed (or are currently directing) Star Wars episodes (Richard Marquand, George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, JJ Abrams).