Movie Quiz for May 8th
May the eighth be with you. Hang on, that doesn’t work at all. It’s the bleeding quiz.
1. Who links Mission: Impossible, Star Trek and Star Wars?
2. Which of this week’s releases concerns the affairs of a group called Soronprfbs?
3. Who, to our almost certain knowledge, is the only director to have made films in Aramaic and Mayan?
4. Which eligible divorcé is rumoured to now be engaged to lawyer Amal Alamuddin?
5. What links The Birdcage, Three Men and a Baby, Dinner for Schmucks and Intersection?
6. What specifically links Finbar in The Station Agent, Queen Gorgo in 300, Dr Clemens in Alien 3 and Mark (the cad) in The Other Woman.
7. Name the actor playing Mr Hyde.
8. What links All or Nothing, Collateral, Night on Earth and The Fifth Element?
9. Which writer links Ben Foster with (somewhat obliquely) Viggo Mortensen and Peter Weller?
10. What comes next: Annie, Under the Volcano, Prizzi’s Honour?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. J J Abrams (directed episodes from all three series)
3. Mel Gibson (The Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto)
4. George Clooney
5. All adapted from French films
6. All played by actors who play members of the Lannister family in Game of Thrones (Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Charles Dance, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau)
7. Spencer Tracy
8. All concern taxi drivers.
9. William S Burroughs (Played in Kill your Darlings. Played versions of in On the Road and The Naked Lunch)
10. The Dead (the final films directed by John Huston)