Movie quiz for May 2nd
It’s the first cuckoo of summer. No, it’s not. It’s the first quiz of summer. Which isn’t the same thing.
1. Which film recently became the most successful animated release of all time?
2. What news reaches us of Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, John Boyega and Domhnall Gleeson?
3. “Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart.” The opening line of which superhero picture?
4. In 1985, Steven Spielberg and Woody Allen both released films with which colour in the title?
5. Which is the odd one out: Ice Station Zebra, Where Eagles Dare, When Eight Bells Toll, The Eagle Has Landed, The Guns of Navarone?
6. What do Bad Neighbours, The First Great Train Robbery, Die Hard 4.0 and Marvel Avengers Assemble have in common?
7. Identify the great silent film from the still.
8. What links Mandy Rice Davis, Abraham Lincoln and Nancy Reagan?
9. Which Miles Davis album provided the title for a William Friedkin film?
10. John Ford and Joseph L Mankiewicz are the only two men to achieve what feat at the Oscars?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
2. They are all in Star Wars Episode VII
4. Purple (The Colour Purple, The Purple Rose of Cairo)
5. The Eagle Has Landed. All the rest were based on novels by Alistair Maclean.
6. All had their titles changed from the US version (Neighbours, The Great Train Robbery, Live Free or Die Hard, The Avengers)
7. The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
8. All played by members of the Fonda family (Bridget in Scandal, Henry in Young Lincoln, Jane in The Help)
10. Won best directing Oscars in successive years: Ford with The Grapes of Wrath (1940) and How Green Was My Valley (1941); Mankiewicz with A Letter to Three Wives (1949) and All About Eve (1950)