Movie quiz for April 11th
All your favourite annoying tropes appear in the quiz that matters most
1. Which star plays Nick Fury in several Marvel adaptations?
2. Which current hit features appearances by Batman, Gandalf, William Shakespeare and Abraham Lincoln?
3. “Everyone is Driven by Something” is the tagline to which recent study of a sporting rivalry?
4. Identify the star from this recent, already notoriously poor court sketch.
5. Who was the first South African woman to win an acting Oscar?
6. What links The General (1926), Twentieth Century (1934), The Titfield Thunderbolt (1953) and Silver Streak (1976)?
7. Which epic novel by Lew Wallace – once a general in the American Civil War – has been adapted for the screen on four occasions?
8. What film links Gene Kelly, Barbra Streisand and Wall-E?
9. What’s the connection between Robert Graysmith, F Scott Fitzgerald, Ben Mezrich and Stieg Larsson?
10. Which recent film shares its title with that of an unrealised Rolling Stones movie proposed by the band’s manager, Andrew Loog Oldham, in the mid-1960s?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Samuel L Jackson
2. The Lego Movie
4. Jude Law
5. Charlize Theron (for 2003’s Monster)
6. All named after trains
7. Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ, published in 1880
8. Hello Dolly! (Directed by. Starred. Watches repeatedly)
9. Wrote the source books for successive David Fincher films (Zodiac, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Social Network, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
10. Only Lovers Left Alive