Movie quiz for March 28th
It’s last quiz of March. (Is that now a thing?)
1. Which gruff actor is about to take on the role of Noah?
2. Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Ellen DeGeneres, Bradley Cooper and Peter Nyong’o can be found in the front row of what?
3. What links Lon Chaney, Robert Downey, Frank Capra and Douglas Fairbanks?
4. Which actress was married to – among others – Orson Welles and Prince Ali Salman Aga Khan?
5. Name the film from its famous poster?
6. Arlo Guthrie’s venture into cinema. A 1974 Martin Scorsese film. Tim Burton’s biggest hit. A 1990 Woody Allen film. What’s the connection?
7. Which of the following is not a directorial debut: Poor Cow, American Beauty, Rushmore, The Maltese Falcon?
8. Who spoke for the first time on screen in Anna Christie?
9. What’s the connection between Get Carter, Secrets and Lies, The Graduate and Leaving Las Vegas?
10. Which David Bowie song can be heard in a key scene of the recent Frances Ha?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Russell Crowe
2. Ellen DeGeneres’s selfie from the Oscars.
3. They all had famous descendents who took the title “junior”.
4. Rita Hayworth
6. Alice (Alice’s Restaurant, Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, Alice in Wonderland, Alice)
7. Rushmore (Wes Anderson’s debut was Bottle Rocket)
8. Greta Garbo
9. All directed by Mikes (Mike Hodges, Mike Leigh, Mike Nicholls, Mike Figgis)
10. Modern Love