Movie quiz for March 21st
Beware the quiz of March
1. Which Marvel hero is about to go into conflict with “The Winter Soldier”?
2. Which future director famously played an Elvis impersonator on an episode of The Golden Girls?
3. What links an Oscar-winning turn by Nicolas Cage, a recent comedy featuring Kevin Kline and Michael Douglas, a 1964 Elvis flick, and a comedy starring Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz?
4. What role links Austin Trevor, Tony Randall, Albert Finney and Peter Ustinov?
5. Identify the star trying to conceal his famous face.
6. Which smash hit journeyed out with the tagline “Why so serious”?
7. Which actress was the mother of TV star Mariska Hargitay?
8. Why might Virgil Hilts, Mama Morton and Scarlett O’Hara’s maid make you think of Helen Mirren?
9. The entire female cast of which 2006 film won the best actress prize at Cannes?
10. Which character recites lines from TS Eliot’s The Hollow Men shortly before his gruesome death?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Captain America
2. Quentin Tarantino
3. Las Vegas (Leaving Las Vegas, Last Vegas, Viva Las Vegas, What Happens in Vegas)
4. They are among the surprisingly few actors to play Hercule Poirot on the big screen.
5. James Stewart
6. The Dark Knight
7. Jayne Mansfield
8. They were played by Steve McQueen in The Great Escape, Queen Latifah in Chicago and Butterfly McQueen in Gone with the Wind. Mirren was, of course, lead in The Queen.
10. Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now