Movie quiz for March 14th
For the weekend that’s in it, we have the St Patquiz challenge.
1. Which great star was married to Humphrey Bogart at the time of his death?
2. Brendan Gleeson and Buster Keaton have both starred in films with which title?
3. What links Heat, The Godfather Part II and Righteous Kill?
4. Who played Oliver Cromwell, King Richard the Lionheart, King Arthur and Marcus Aurelius?
5. Who, on accepting her Oscar, rather queasily remarked that she was “so in love with my brother right now”?
6. Identify the film by the recently deceased Alain Resnais from this still.
7. Which upcoming release features a cameo by a mocked-up edition of this newspaper?
8. Which film famously begins with a standoff between Max von Sydow and Bengt Ekerot?
9. What do Mr Grimsdale, the Bates Motel, In the Heat of the Night and the James Bond theme have in common?
10. What links Rear Window, Eyes of Laura Mars, The Bridges of Madison County and Pecker?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Lauren Bacall
2. The General
3. The only three films to feature both Robert De Niro and Al Pacino
4. Richard Harris (Cromwell, Robin and Marian, Camelot, Gladiator)
5. Angelina Jolie
6. Last Year at Marienbad (1961)
7. Muppets Most Wanted
8. The Seventh Seal (1957)
9. Norman (Perennial boss of Norman Wisdom, run by Norman Bates in Psycho, directed by Norman Jewison, written by Monty Norman)
10. The protagonists are all photographers.