Movie quiz for March 7th
It’s your favourite quiz, unless your favourite quiz is something else.
1. Which current thriller casts Liam Neeson as the saviour of a transatlantic flight?
2. Who photo-bombed U2 at the Oscars on Sunday?
3. Which recent release, according to a slightly misleading tagline, concerns “The Greatest Art Heist in History”?
4. Wes Anderson’s new film. Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and others in India. Jodie Foster in a John Irving adaptation. Greta Garbo and others in a 1933 best picture winner. What’s the connection?
5. Who links Mud, Dallas, Ron Woodroof and Mark Hanna?
6. Name the 1980s American classic from this wonderfully oblique Polish poster.
7. What do The Country Bears, The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and Mission to Mars have in common?
8. What director has filmed works by Daphne Du Maurier, John Buchan, Joseph Conrad, Patricia Highsmith and Sean O’Casey?
9. Which comedy team made their last appearance together on film in The Story of Mankind (1957)?
10. In which film does an alien greet the world with the famous words: “Klaatu barada nikto”?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
2. Benedict Cumberbatch
3. The Monuments Men
4. Hotels in the title (Grand Budapest Hotel, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Hotel New Hampshire, Grand Hotel)
5. Matthew McConnaughey
6. Raging Bull
7. All adapted from theme park rides
8. Alfred Hitchcock
9. The Marx Brothers (although they don’t actually share any scenes)
10. The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)