Movie quiz for February 27th
For the weekend that’s in it, we have an Oscar special.
1. Who will be hosting the Oscars on Sunday night?
2. Identify the current Oscar nominee from this vintage snap.
3. What links Oscar-nominated performances by Hilary Swank, Jared Leto and Felicity Huffman?
4. Who is the only one of this year’s best actress nominees not to have already won an Oscar?
5. What, in Oscar terms, links Up, Avatar, Hugo, Life of Pi and Gravity (and only those films)?
6. For which film did George Clooney win his second Oscar?
7. What is the only best picture winner to have no credited female roles?
8. Which film won the most Academy Awards without winning best picture?
9. What links Marlee Matlin, Barbra Streisand, Julie Andrews and Shirley Booth?
10. Which country (or governing body) is missing: Italy, Cambodia, Belgium, Palestine?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Ellen DeGeneres
2. Bruce Dern in The Great Gatsby (1974)
3. All played transsexuals (Boys Don’t Cry, Dallas Buyers Club, Transamerica)
4. Amy Adams
5. The only best-picture nominees in 3D
6. Argo (he co-produced the best picture winner)
7. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
8. Cabaret (1972)
9. All won best actress Oscars for their debut films (Children of a Lesser God, Funny Girl, Mary Poppins, Come Back, Little Sheba)
10. Denmark (countries represented among this year’s nominees for best foreign language film)