Movie quiz for February 21st
Quizday is here for all the quislings.
1. For which of this week’s releases will you need to buy two cinema tickets?
2. Which movie star gave his name to a parlour game that asked participants to link to him in “six degrees” or fewer?
3. Who was not in The Expendables: Jason Statham, Jet Li, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren?
4. In what film might you hear Phil Harris, Sebastian Cabot and George Sanders?
5. Who links Janet Leigh, Mary Boleyn, Natasha Romanoff and “Samantha”?
6. Name the Hitchcock film from its French poster. (And, no, It’s not “The Secret of Dr Edwards”.)
7. In which film does a great author contemplate writing a play called “Romeo and Ethel, the Pirate’s Daughter”?
8. What do the titles of Paul Thomas Anderson’s third film, Bette Midler’s first starring role, Brian De Palma’s take on James Ellroy, and Sam Mendes’s debut have in common?
9. Which is the odd one out: Trainspotting, My Name Is Joe, Ratcatcher, Young Adam, Red Road?
10. How did The Wild Angels, a Roger Corman biker pick from 1966, gain added renown in 1990?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
2. Kevin Bacon
3. Jean-Claude Van Damme (but he was in The Expendables 2)
4. The Jungle Book
5. Scarlett Johansson (in Hitchcock, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Avengers, Her)
6. Spellbound (1945)
7. Shakespeare in Love
8. Named for flowers (Magnolia, The Rose, The Black Dahlia, American Beauty)
9. Trainspotting, which is set in Edinburgh. All the rest are set in Glasgow.
10. A Peter Fonda speech from that film famously appeared at the beginning of Primal Scream’s Loaded (“We wanna be free…” etc.)