Film quiz for February 7th
Fully endorsed by the Imaginary Film Quiz Confederation
1. Which 1982 hit featured “Eye of the Tiger” as its theme tune?
2. What links these couples: Tatum O’Neal and Jodie Foster, Donald Sutherland and Alan Alda, Jack Lemmon and Tony Randall?
3. Identify the incorrigible star beneath the Oscar-nominated makeup.
4. Twister was the first Hollywood production to be issued on what format?
5. I am the daughter of an Oscar-nominated cinematographer. My forename is derived from a JD Sallinger character. I’m also known as “She”. Who am I?
6. Since the award’s inception, only two Pixar features have failed to be nominated for the Oscar for best animated feature. Name them.
7. Which recent film, in an act of sly product placement, modelled its title font on that of Google?
8. Who among the following was not in 1977’s A Bridge Too Far: Michael Caine, Gene Hackman, Robert Redford, Gregory Peck, Laurence Olivier, Sean Connery?
9. What connects a 2010 Dreamworks animation, a 2003 rom-com starring Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson, and a 2008 adaptation of Toby Young’s memoir?
10. Why might You Only Live Twice (1967), The Barefoot Contessa (1954) and Rosemary’s Baby (1968) make you think of Danny Ocean?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Rocky III
2. Played the same character in, respectively, films and TV series (Paper Moon, M*A*S*H, The Odd Couple)
3. Johnny Knoxville (in Bad Grandpa)
5. Zooey Deschanel (daughter of Caleb Deschanel, name derived from Franny and Zooey, plays in the duo She & Him)
6. Cars 2 and Monsters University
7. The Internship
8. Gregory Peck
9. How to… (How to Train Your Dragon, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, How to Lose Friends & Alienate People)
10. They are all connected to Frank Sinatra (Theme song sung by Nancy Sinatra, his daughter; starred Mia Farrow, his third wife; starred Ava Gardner, his second wife; played in Oceans 11)