Movie quiz for January 31st
All the quiz a fellow could want.
1. Which current hit was inspired by the FBI’s Abscam operation?
2. What integer links a current nominee for best picture Oscar, Henry Fonda as a juror, a film inspired by Chris Marker’s La Jeteé, and the second of Steven Soderbergh’s Oceans films?
3. Which 1970s horror stars Gregory Peck as the US ambassador to Britain?
4. “I’m an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.” The last line of which 1990 classic?
5. What was the last feature that Roman Polanski directed in the US?
6. What comes next: Dr No, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, Live and Let Die, The Living Daylights?
7. Which is the odd one out: Shall We Dance (2004), A Fistful of Dollars (1964), The Ring (2002), The Departed (2006)?
8. Identify the long-lived star from a recent photograph.
9. What links Virgil Starkwell, Allan Felix, Miles Monroe and Fielding Mellish?
10. Which is the only one of David Lynch’s features on which he does not receive a writer’s credit?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. American Hustle
2. 12 (12 Years a Slave, 12 Angry Men, Twelve Monkeys, Oceans Twelve)
3. The Omen
5. Chinatown (1974)
6. Goldeneye (the first film to feature successive actors playing James Bond).
7. The Departed. All the rest are based on Japanese films. The Departed is based on a Hong Kong film.
8. Olivia de Havilland
9. Characters played by Woody Allen in his early films. (Take the Money and Run; Play It Again, Sam; Sleeper; Bananas)
10. The Straight Story (1999)