Movie Quiz for January 3rd
The movie quiz enters its seventh year. It seems like only yesterday…
1. How are Clint, Lee and Eli referred to in the title of a classic western?
2. In what film are Shelley and friends here seen celebrating the New Year?
3. 1937-1943 (10), 1944-2008 (5), 2009-2010 (10), 2011- (between 5 and 10) What we talking about?
4. “Will you just watch the hair? You know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it. He hits my hair.” The opening line of which smash?
5. Sam Raimi (2002), David Cronenberg (2002), Héctor Babenco (1985). What do these directors have in common?
6. Why might Liszt, Mahler and Tchaikovsky make you think of Tommy Walker?
7. What’s next: The Indian Runner, The Crossing Guard, The Pledge?
8. Whose first husband was one James Dougherty?
9. Which was the first Coen brothers film for which Ethan Coen actually received a directing credit?
10. What links The Shawshank Redemption, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Girl Can’t Help It and The Spirit?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
2. The Poseidon Adventure
3. Number of best picture Oscar nominations
4. Saturday Night Fever
5. Spiders (Spider-Man, Spider, Kiss of the Spiderwoman)
6. Ken Russell (directed biopics of those composers and Tommy, whose title character’s surname is Walker)
7. Into the Wild (feature films directed by Sean Penn)
8. Marilyn Monroe
9. The Ladykillers
10. Directed by Franks (Frank Darabont, Frank Oz, Frank Tashlin, Frank Miller)