Movie quiz for December 20th
’twas the night before Quizmas and… Oh we’ve had enough of these puns. Haven’t we?
1. Which of this week’s releases features characters named Brian Fantana, Veronica Cornerstone and Brick Tamland?
2. “He was the most extraordinary man I ever knew.” The first line from which 1962 classic (much in the news this week)?
3. In which film will you find Sir James Bond, Jimmy Bond and Mata Bond?
4. Adaptations of Roald Dahl and John Updike. A found-footage horror. Andrew Adamson’s first live-action picture. What’s the connection?
5. Who links Amber Waves, Clarice Starling and Maude Lebowski?
6. Identify the star in the photo.
7. What have Ang Lee, Patricia Rozema, Joe Wright and Douglas McGrath all directed?
8. Which film star was born as Michael Douglas in 1951?
9. Name the only two actors to have received an Oscar nomination in every decade from the 1960s to the 2000s.
10. Which was the first Alfred Hitchcock film in colour?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
2. Lawrence of Arabia
3. Casino Royale (1967)
4. Witches. (The Witches, The Witches of Eastwick, The Blair Witch Project, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)
5. Julianne Moore (Boogie Nights, Hannibal, The Big Lebowski)
6. Shirley Temple
7. Adaptations of Jane Austen novels (Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice, Emma)
8. Michael Keaton
9. Michael Caine and Jack Nicholson
10. Rope (1948)