Movie quiz for December 13th
Last quizmas you gave it away. Don’t make that mistake, this week.
1. Which of this week’s releases stars the alter ego of Dr Watson, Arthur Dent and Tim Canterbury?
2. What links Blackfish, Free Willy and Big Miracle?
3. Identify the caged nun.
4. If you add Michael Winterbottom’s Songs to Sidney Lumet’s Angry Men and divide the result by David O Russell’s Kings, which film do you end up with?
5. John Williams, Patrick Doyle, Nicholas Hooper and Alexandre Desplat are the only four composers to have done what?
6. Which is the odd one out: Thunderball, Sudden Impact, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Day of the Dead?
7. What do Bobby Sands, Brandon Sullivan and Solomon Northrup have in common?
8. What links The Shadow, Han Solo, Daredevil and (shortly) Captain Kirk?
9. A 1960 Mario Bava horror film. The gang in The Wild One. Creatures you shouldn’t get wet. The hero of Paris, Texas. What’s the connection?
10. Name the woman who has received the most Oscars.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
2. They all concern whales
3. Vanessa Redgrave in The Devils (1971)
4. Se7en (9 Songs, 12 Angry Men, Three Kings)
5. Scored Harry Potter films
6. Day of the Dead. The rest are all No 4 in their series. Day of the Dead is No 3.
7. Protagonists of successive Steve McQueen films (Hunger, Shame, 12 Years a Slave)
8. Parts played by actors who went on to play Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan (Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck, Chris Pine)
9. Inspired the titles of bands (Black Sabbath, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Mogwai, Travis)
10. Edith Head (costume designer)