Movie quiz for December 6th
Are you dreaming of a White Quizmas? Well (in so far as this makes any sense) you’re in luck
1. Which of this week’s releases is a loose adaptation of The Snow Queen?
2. What links the following words: Escape, Beauty, Dictator, Gatsby?
3. Jack Nicholson, Paul Giamatti, George Clooney, Bruce Dern. What’s the connection?
4. “People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durden.” The opening line to which 1999 film?
5. What links TE Lawrence, Inspector Clouseau, “Captain America” and Abraham Van Helsing?
6. Which smash famously had the working title “Blue Harvest”
7. Which film starred, among other, actors also known as King Mongkut, Harmonica, The Cooler King and Pat Garrett?
8. What’s a Nice Girl Like You Doing in a Place Like This?, It’s Not Just You, Murray! and The Big Shave. Whose first short films?
9. Identify the starlet (who later found a different class of fame).
10. Whose last feature film translated as The Voice of the Moon?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
2. The Great…
3. Starred in the last three Alexander Payne films (About Schmidt, Sideways, The Descendents, Nebraska)
4. Fight Club
5. All played by Peters (O’Toole in Lawrence of Arabia, Sellers in The Pink Panther films, Fonda in Easy Rider, Cushing in five Hammer Dracula pictures)
6. Return of the Jedi
7. The Magnificent Seven (Yul Brynner in The King and I, Charles Bronson in Once Upon a Time in the West, Steve McQueen in The Great Escape, James Coburn in Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid)
8. Martin Scorsese
9. Nancy Davis (later Nancy Reagan)
10. Federico Fellini (La Voce della Luna, 1990)